UPMC – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Western Psychiatric Hospital
Addiction Medicine Services
Clinical Training Team Leader
Responsible for the planning, assessment, implementation and evaluation of ATOD prevention, consultation, education and training programs to individuals, families, schools, community and business organizations. Specialization in design, implementation and maintenance of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Accredited Student Assistance Model to 98 public school districts, 121 non- public schools charter schools and colleges within Pennsylvania.
• Collaborate on local, county, state and national student assistance professional organizations to strengthen relationships, augment quality services and impact future initiatives for student assistance.
• Educate and consult with elementary, middle, secondary school faculty, staff, parents, administrators and students on significant mental health, alcohol, tobacco, and other drug prevention and intervention initiatives.
• Provide comprehensive instruction and consultation to the public and the professional/business community on all facets of the student assistance programs.
• Facilitate team maintenance services and conflict resolution consultation to area core teams to foster effective, positive communication skills, productive group dynamics and effective outcomes for students and parents.
• Participate on research team funded by Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency to evaluate student assistance programs in Pennsylvania.
• Design, implement and provide Safety and Crisis Management Training to schools throughout the state.
St. Francis Medical Center
Center for Psychiatric & Chemical Dependency Services
Student Assistance Training Services Coordinator
Team leader responsible for growth and expansion of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania SAP Training on the local, regional, state and national levels. Specialized in the design, implementation and maintenance of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Accredited Student Assistance Model to 98 public school districts, 121 non-public schools, charter schools and colleges within Pennsylvania
Sacred Heart High School
Assistant Principal for Student Affairs
Supervision and expansion of student services: counseling, health, co-curricular programming, athletics, and student assistance program. Consultation with the Diocese of Pittsburgh SAP Steering Committee to formulate and implement alcohol, other drug and suicide prevention, intervention and post-vention policies throughout 12 secondary and 110 middle and elementary schools within the system. Collaborate in the design of an effective student assistance program from grades 9-12 for school buildings.
Sacred Heart High School
School Counselor & Science Instructor
Design practical curriculum and enthusiastically instruct advanced, standard and basic course work in biology, chemistry, advanced human physiology, advanced biology, and physical science. Monitor, plan, and moderate co-curricular activities, dances, athletic and social events and all associated budgets.
For a full copy of the resume of Dr. Susan Tarasevich, please contact us.